What Is Black Mold?
SERVPRO of Clallam and Jefferson Co. is a mold abatement company. We can come in and remove affected materials or clean thematerials depending on the situation that is presented. We work closely with an environmental hygenist who is a certified doctor that does mold testing. In the state of Washington mold is prevelant in our outdoors. Everytime that we open our doors we let mold spores into our home. When the environmental speciallist comes to do the mold testing they take an indoor air quality sample and also an outdoor one. In order to pass a clearance testing the mold spores indoors need to be less than what is outdoors. The only mold called Stachybotrys, commonly reffered to as black mold, is the only one in testing that has a zero tolerance.
SERVPRO technicians secialize in performing moisture inspections, looking for conditions in which mold can grow and we can abate any phyisical indications of mold that is present. If you are wanting to have testing and clearance testing done we work very closely with the environmental hygensit.
Call SERVPRO of Clallam and Jefferson Co for any of your mold concerns at 360-683-0773
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Clallam and Jefferson County immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (360) 683-0773
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Clallam and Jefferson County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Port Townsend
- Port Ludlow
- Port Angeles
- Port Hadlock
- Diamond Point
- Bell Hill